Our aim at NHS Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group is to commission (buy) first-rate health care for our patient population.

In doing that, we want to hear when things goes well or when we could do something better.

If you are unhappy with your care or the service you have received, it is important to let us know so we can improve.

Who you should complain to depends on what your complaint is about.

If your complaint is about primary care services such as GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services, contact NHS England.

If your complaint is about services such as hospital care, mental health services, out of hours services and community services such as district nursing, contact your local clinical commissioning group.

If you can, it is usually better to complain directly to the provider of the service you wish to complain about. If you feel unable to, or your complaint involves a number of services, then you can complaint via the CCG in which you live.

Complaining to the CCG

If you are registered with a GP practice in the Lincoln, Gainsborough or surrounding areas which fall under the Lincolnshire West CCG boundary and would like to make a complaint about services or the care you have received, you can contact a member of the Complaints team in one of the following ways:

Telephone: 01522 515380


Write to: Complaints, NHS Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group, Cross O’Cliff, Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, LN4 2HN

Complaining to NHS England

If your complaint is in relation to a GP practice, dentist, optician or pharmacy, again you can complain directly to the service, or you can contact NHS England via the following methods:

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33


If you are making a complaint please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line.

Write to: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

If you have a question about health care, or want to provide positive or negative feedback, the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.

How can PALS help?

PALS provides help in many ways. For example, it can:

  • help you with health-related questions
  • help resolve concerns or problems when you’re using the NHS
  • tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare

PALS can give you information about:

  • the NHS
  • the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint
  • support groups outside the NHS

PALS also helps to improve the NHS by listening to your concerns and suggestions.

Hospital and Mental Health services usually have their own PALS and this is the case for hospitals at Lincoln, Grantham and Boston and for services run by Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust.

The PALS run by Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust handles queries about community hospitals at Skegness, Louth, Spalding and Gainsborough, district nursing services and out of hour GP services.  They also handle any queries concerning the Lincolnshire CCGs.

To find out how to contact PALS, click here.

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

POhWER Lincolnshire provides a free, independent and confidential advocacy service to support people with their NHS complaint. If you would like more information you can contact them in one of the following ways:

Telephone: 0300 456 2370



For more information, please take a look at our complaints information leaflet by clicking on the link below:

Complaint leaflet version 1 update 11.12.19